Iowa County Zoning Ordinances
Contact the Iowa County Sanitarian for Well & Septic permits.
Sherry Lutz, Iowa County Sanitarian, 970 Court Ave., Marengo IA 52301 641 790 0020cell
email@example.com 319 642 0107 office fax 319 642 0108
A notice from the Board of Supervisors, Iowa County, Iowa, 970 Court Ave., Marengo, Iowa 52301, 319-642-3041
Iowa County, Iowa is not regulated by zoning laws unless:
- The property is within two miles of any city limit.
- In the Amana Land Use District. In those cases, the city or the Land Use District would have to be notified.
- There are also restrictions in Lenox Township in reference to the Eastern Iowa Airport, (see document recorded at Book 33, Page 175, and updated in Ordinance #18, recorded in Book 462, Pages 158-167).
- In the agricultural areas of Greene and Iowa Townships.
- Ordinance #12 in reference to the Belle Plaine Airport, (see document recorded in Book 330, Pages 191-200).
- Iowa County has adopted Ordinance #32 on May 16, 2008 placing certain restrictions on building in Zone A of the Flood Hazard Boundary map. A copy of the flood hazard boundary map can be viewed in the Iowa County Auditor's Office.